Process Engineering A/S have many years of experience with projecting and designing refrigeration systems and reverse cycle heating plants. Therefore, we can provide guidance within all aspects of this area, e.g.:
– Analysis and calculation of refrigeration requirements
– Projecting and specification of refrigeration systems
– Preparation of tender documents
– Supervision during plant construction
– Commissioning and operation validation
As the basis for designing a refrigeration system, a number of cooling technical calculations are made:
– Simulation of the refrigeration process with various coolants. Which is most effective? And can other energy savings be found?
– Calculation of the refrigeration circuit components, including, for example:
o Evaporator (air or liquid)
o Condenser (air or liquid)
o Compressor (piston/screw/scroll)
– Calculation of pressure drop in pipelines
– Simulation of freezing in and cooling of products in order to establish the refrigeration requirements
– Possibilities of heat recovery, e.g. for production of hot water
Refrigeration projects are always carried out with a focus on energy consumption, environmentally acceptable coolants, and the possibilities of recovering excess heat.
Refrigeration systems can often be wholly or partly combined with a reverse cycle heating plant for production of hot cleaning water or other process heating.
In practice, many refrigeration system components can be assessed as pressure vessels. Process Engineering A/S offer calculation of pressure vessels in accordance with PED, ASME and many other standards, and CE marking of the cooling plant. When combustible coolants are used, Process Engineering A/S can carry out an ATEX classification of the plant.